Wycliffe professes the Word it proclaims. Relying on God and rooted in His Word, Wycliffe seeks to bear fruit among new believers who also become rooted in God's Word. Our goal is to see Bible translation in progress, through partnership, in every language that needs it by the year 2025.
- The Bible is God's message for people everywhere
- The message of the Bible is evangelistic and is the basis for church planting and growth
- The most effective means of communication is the mother tongue
- For a church to be truly indigenous, it must have the Bible in its mother tongue
- Bible translation is the task of the whole Church, and everyone can have a part
We embrace the following truths, allowing them to guide our words, actions and attitudes:
- We believe the Bible, the inspired Word of God, is completely trustworthy, speaking with supreme authority in all matters of belief and practice.
- We believe in one God, who exists eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe all people, being created in the image of God, have intrinsic value, but as a result of sin are alienated from God and each other, and therefore in need of reconciliation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully human; He demonstrated God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where He intercedes for His people.
- We believe all who repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior are, by the grace of God, declared to be right with Him, receiving forgiveness and eternal life.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in glory, raise the dead, and judge the world.
- We believe all people will rise from the dead, those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God, and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from Him.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who imparts new life to those who believe in Christ; through His indwelling presence and transforming power He gives assurance and equips believers for holy living and effective service.
- We believe the Church is the body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers, and is commissioned to make disciples of all nations.