The Navut of Vanuatu | Wycliffe Bible Translators

The Navut of Vanuatu

Prayer opens doors for Bible translation.

  • December 12, 2016
Vanuatu girl at table

There are an estimated 1,100 speakers of Navut, one of 115 languages spoken across the country of Vanuatu. Navut speakers live in the west central part of the Espiritu Santo Island, the largest island in Vanuatu. Approximately 40 percent of Navut speakers profess Christianity, while the remaining 60 percent follow ethnic religions of the islands. Access to Scripture in their own language will help these 1,100 speakers learn about God’s love for themselves.

  • Pray that more Navut speakers would come to know Christ.

  • Pray that God would provide a team of translators to begin work for the Navut.

  • Ask God to even now begin to capture hearts of the Navut people for his glory.

Pray for Vanuatu

Make a Prayer Connection: Vanuatu is only one country of many listed in The Finish Line, Wycliffe’s annual prayer guide for translation projects approaching completion. Keep an eye out in January for the 2017 edition!