- We believe in one God. The one God exists eternally in three persons — the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and is completely trustworthy, speaking with supreme authority in all matters of belief and practice.
- We believe all people are created in the image of God and have intrinsic value, but as a result of sin are alienated from God and each other, and therefore in need of reconciliation.
- We believe the Church is the body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers and is commissioned to make disciples of all nations.
- We believe Jesus is the Son of God. He was born of the virgin Mary, and he is fully God and fully human. He demonstrated God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where he intercedes for his people.
- We believe all who repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as Lord and Savior are, by the grace of God, declared to be right with him, receiving forgiveness and eternal life.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in glory, raise the dead and judge the world.
- We believe in eternal life. We believe all people will rise from the dead — those who are in Christ to enjoy eternal life with God and those who are lost to suffer eternal separation from him.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who imparts new life to those who believe in Christ. Through his indwelling presence and transforming power he gives assurance and equips believers for holy living and effective service.
For people from every language to understand the Bible and be transformed.
Serve with the global body of Christ to advance Bible translation and work together so people can encounter God through his Word.
Longing For People to Know God (1 Timothy 2:3-6)
We understand the Bible is critical for people to know God and be transformed into followers of Christ. Bible translation makes it possible for all language communities to encounter the fullness of God within their culture and context. We approach our mission with passion, knowing that people are lost without the hope of the gospel.
Loving God and Loving People (Mark 12:30-31)
As we are being transformed into Christ’s image, we strive to love him with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength, and in turn, love people the way Christ loves us.
Engaging All Parts of the Body of Christ (Romans 12:4-5)
As members of one body, we seek to engage and equip Christ-following men, women and children from diverse generations, cultures and churches to participate as part of God’s global mission.
Reaching People in Ways They Can Clearly Understand (1 Corinthians 14:9)
We believe that accurate, clear and natural translation of the Bible in accessible formats leads to a life-changing relationship with God through Scripture.
Depending on God (Proverbs 3:5-6)
We depend on God, pray with expectation and trust him for all aspects of Bible translation around the world.
Collaborating With Humility and Interdependence (Philippians 2:2-3)
As a participant in a worldwide movement of agencies, networks and churches, we join our partners in the common goal of transformation through God’s Word. We seek to contribute, support, learn from and serve in a spirit of humility and mutuality.
Investing in Others (Matthew 28:19-20)
In partnership, we steward resources and build capacity so local translation teams and churches can move forward with well-planned, high-quality, sustainable and community-engaged Bible translation programs.